Monday, April 16, 2018

April 2018 Blizzard

Well, well, well....we had an April blizzard!  I haven't posted about it, but I was conducting an estate sale....this same weekend.  However, we started on Friday and it wasn't too bad yet.  Saturday, was!  Ya know, we still had customers!  

Anyway, in case you haven't heard, most of Wisconsin was and kind of still is CLOSED.  I've never seen so many cancellations - churches, schools, stores...bars....you know it's bad in Wisconsin when we close bars.   By the way, I don't drink....just saying....

On my way over to the barn to do the chores.....


....this is what I saw....and this....this little rooster doesn't like to go back in the coop - he is getting picked on....but, he was eager to go back today....


He must have spent the night in the barn with the horses.

As I made my tracks to and from the barn, it had me thinking of my dad.  When I was little, I remember him telling me to "step in my tracks."  When you are a kid, you want to make your own tracks.  I soon found out how much easier it was to walk when I did step in his tracks.   You know, this was a phrase I used with my own children..."step in my tracks"...I can't say it without thinking of my dad.  




He made some impressionable "tracks" in his life.  A "half breed" (I hate that word!  He heard it his whole life) raised by a white, German girl, married to a Potawatomi man, living on the reservation.  He, wasn't allowed to go to the white public school as a child.  However, that changed in high school and he graduated #1 in his class.  My parents married, worked, lived and carried on - living and loving, each other, us and the Lord - up to their last breaths.  Impressionable Tracks!  

Thanks Dad (Mom) for making them!  

Here are a few more pictures of the snow at our farm.






Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

No comments:

Post a Comment