Thursday, August 31, 2017

Wise & Harmless

I have a love/hate relationship with social media.  Do any of you feel this way?  Oh, I use it, it has become an invaluable tool for my business.  However, for well over a year....you all know what I mean....it's too MUCH!  For my friends "across the pond" - I'm sure you have your own political and social issues - but, Americans tend to be over the top....can I get an AMEN!  I've even stopped watching the news...I can't anymore....it wipes me out emotionally...ALL of it!

Don't be fooled, I'm not uninformed - to the contrary - I am, what I like to call "awake."  Are you?  Awake to what is really going on, not only in my country, but the world.  I would love to share some of my thoughts, but like Alice, you can't just "jump down the rabbit hole," it's too much to hear these things all at once.  I recently told one of my friends, "I want to share some stuff with you, but I can't tell it to you all at once, I will feed you little bites every now and again."  She recently sent me a text..."I just saw a (...) and heard  (....)"  Yep, those are signs. 

I have had years of a slow "awakening" influenced by scripture that has guided me, especially this past year, to this very conclusion:  Matthew 10:16  "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves; be ye therefore wise as serpents and harmless as doves."  This, Jesus' words, says it all, not only for that dispensation of time - but ours!  There is only 1 truth in this old world - ONE - and that is Jesus - God manifest in the flesh!  1 Timothy 3:16 "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness; God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."  People this is our hope through salvation.  

So, I try not to comment on my face book page about the current topic, even LIKE other's posts or get caught up in any controversy - not because I don't want to, trust me I have strong opinions - it's because we are to be "wise as serpents and harmless as doves." 

Why harmless as doves?  A dove is the universal symbol of peace.  Peace:  "freedom from disturbance, quiet and tranquility, mental calm, serenity, freedom from war and violence, freedom from civil order"  Do I need to say more?  No, I don't think so.  



So, I will try hard to "hold my peace," on issues, not click LIKE or leave offensive comments that may stir up more problems.  I will however, remain "awake" and pray.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  




2 comments:

  1. Here's your AMEN from me. Thanks for starting the conversation. We have unplugged from most of the news (after all it's just the same thing over and over) and I seldom go on Facebook. My latest rant is about some of the blogs who use to be so pleasant to read, but now you can hardly see the pictures and print because of the ads popping up everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try not to over think things...much to do about nothing...


    ReplyDelete