Our apples. No sprays, no chemicals - just apple. This is a Cortland. The others aren't quite ready yet.
End of 2026 garden. Still some veggies in the raised beds. I believe we had the BEST tomato harvest EVER. We didn't keep track, but probably over 300 pounds of tomatoes. My husband pureed some, froze some whole and pureed, some in freeze dryer and we ate a bunch. I really enjoyed them! We also have over 75 squash.
He mowed the lawn the day before and as I was driving my scooter out to the wild flowers, I noticed this dandelion weed puff ball. How did it survive the mowing?
I wonder how many wishes are in that? I just let it be. I know there might be a lesson in this. Even if everything around you is cut down or destroyed, stand firm. Maybe you were rolled on by the wheels, but girl, stand back up you have too many wishes left. Hold on to those wishes and dreams before the wind blows them away.
I made a few things to sell. These are cool old real postcards. I noticed something about this next one. Do you see it?
Do you see it? Look at her hand. I had to keep this one.
We had beautiful weather Monday and Tuesday. So, we started pulling out EVERYTHING from 2 trailers. I didn't even remember what was in them. I went through each box or tub. I have a pile now to mark for Ringle Harvest Day and to sell on my online estate sale group. Bonus, I know what is left in the trailer!
Before:
During....
Loads to the shop/studio area:
Working on marking in the shop....
We have an empty one now to fill with the marked items for the flea market.
I just kept working and will be doing this for next several days. I am just going to get done what I can. I don't plan to have a huge pile outside our tent anymore. I can't do it by myself and I already rely on so many others to help me now. I will probably do sales here at the farm for big things. I guess it does come full circle.

















nice work...i had no idea you had so much "stuff"!! people complain about being exhausted....i say i am so lucky to have things to keep me busy and get me tired. also house cleaning, people always complain that they have to clean. i don't like to clean either but feel very lucky i have a home to clean!!
ReplyDeleteYes, all good points. I've been in estate business for over 35 years. Bound to have stuff...ahaha
DeleteDear Jacky, I am so glad to see your post and lovely photos, dear friend! I love the old family photos! Aren't they treasures? And the illustrations at your post are beautiful and inspiring!
ReplyDeleteCortland are my favourite apples! They are tasty, a bit tart but not too sour, crisp and enjoyable! I love them!
You are getting so much done! It feels great, I bet! I love to clean, organize and purge/declutter, it feels so good after it's done even if it is tedious and tiring while doing it! LOL!
Thank you! Yes, I love old photos. I have been in the estate business for over 35 years. I have accumulated so much. I do resell too. I'm getting there, letting it go.
DeleteYou make me want to either crawl through the screen and paw through all that fun or jump in my truck and "help" (Ha! Little help I'd be...but you'd end up with less stuff than when I go there!!!) Oh, tell me about that gorgeous trunk!!! I've been looking for a trunk of some sort to use as a toybox for the girls for at the lake. (Gotta try to lure them up there somehow, you know??) And you know I'm a sucker for old photos! Yes, I noticed the arm/hand immediately. Good call keeping that one! You certainly are scooting circles around me these days. I'm having a really bad flare of my a/i stuff...steroid injections in both knees, my foot, my eye and on my second round of oral steroids as well...plus two new anti-inflammatory meds and doubling up on my biologic infusion dose. Life is painful these days.
ReplyDeleteGood eye....that trunk is cool. I'm not taking it to the market, as I like it too. It has victorian mourning clothes inside. I got that from an estate buyout up by White Lake. I need to find a spot for it inside. I was so close to just posting "fire sale" come help me. Only thing stopped me was I couldn't remember what was in the boxes...ahaha. I'm sorry your having bad flare up. I only work like 2 hrs. take an hour break, go back out 2 more hours. It is going slow, but it's going. Thanks for always encouraging me.
DeleteSounds like your garden did amazingly well.And what a job to empty those trailers, sort, and mark everything. I hope you do really well!
ReplyDeleteOh thank you! It did do really well! I hope to sell lots of stuff, I'm marking it to move...wink, wink.
DeleteThat dandelion. I still believe in miracles. So many lessons there.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you've had a productive week. It feels so good to let go of what no longer serves us.
Your apples must be amazing. I gave up on fruit trees because I refuse to spray. Thankfully, I have a great resource to buy them organically grown.
Love those adages. I sent the first one to a friend who needs encouragement.
We have rain expected this weekend, for which I am grateful. Sowing lettuce and peas so that they can get a good dousing.
Baking bread with my fresh-milled flour tomorrow. Maybe scones too.
Enjoy this gift of a day!
Well, thanks! We have honey bees, so we don't spray anything. Well...sometimes spot spray on weed root. I hope your peas and lettuce enjoy the rain. Fresh milled sounds wonderful! So do scones.
DeletePerusing through old family photos is so nice. So many memories in them. Glad you were able to get that trailer emptied out. Good luck at the sale. Love love love a good homegrown apples. Janice
ReplyDeleteAs you fully know, when you buy antiques and or estates, family photos are always in that. I'm not sure why the original family didn't want them. Probably because they didn't know them. Anyway, another one had a picture of 3 children outside a small farm house. On the back the note said, "Dear Aunt Millie, this picture was taken the day before little Charlie died in the house fire." Nope, now I have to keep that one too. I don't know who Aunt Millie or Charlie is...but, they are my family now. Thanks for being an inspiration with your blog as well!
Delete