What a good week for me! Really, I feel like I'm getting into or back into some kind of rhythm. Some feels familiar and some different and new. I'm putting in the hard work, physically, spiritually and mentally needed to move ahead.
Al took down 4 raised beds we had and planted grass. He made our tilled garden even smaller this year. I couldn't quite reach the middle of the lower old raised beds from my scooter, so he created this taller one for me. We just used what we had around here. He came over and said "these boards may rot in the future." I said "who cares, we probably won't be here to see it." We both laughed. Is this 60's plus humor now? So, I celebrate a new raised bed, I will plant some garlic in soon.
One of my 4H grandmas, helped me clean out this cabinet. We threw out (recycled) so much outdated information, forms, paperwork from 20 years and maybe more. I feel, my part of the stewardship of "all things Popplewood 4H" has new life now. I celebrate the old club's history and look forward to Lord willing another year of leading.
We were asked to help with Lauren one day this week. She brought her school work over and we had a fun time studying the constellations. It was nice to be back sharing in her homeschooling activities. I miss my Wednesdays with her. I celebrate the fun we had and fun we will have in the future.
My first friend, Kathy, opened a new shop in Marathon, Wisconsin. We have been friends since we were 4. She lived across the side street from me. I remember playing on her swing set and sand box. I didn't have one. I had an old tire swing. She had bright new things...ahaha. Her store is called The Red Rooster. I celebrate her and her new store.
First, that is pepper on the tomatoes. I like pepper - alot. We had a bumper crop of tomatoes this year. Al is freezing and freeze drying laundry baskets full. Yes...like 250 pounds of tomatoes. I celebrate this fresh BLT and the many sauces, soups we will enjoy this winter.
Our little town of Ringle, Wisconsin, celebrated it's 125th year today. So many things going on at the townhall. I am thankful for Krystle, Kathe, Jordyn and Marathon County 4H for helping me with the games and promotion. I celebrate the rich history of Ringle. Al's family being here for almost as long and still going strong. I celebrate all the community service events I have done for 4H and look forward to doing more with a little help from my friends.
.jpeg)



.jpeg)



Wow, Jacky, I am so happy you had a great week! You have been busy, too! Beautiful photos and lovely smiles, dear friend! I love to clean and organize and part of this is purging things I have not used or needed, and it feels so good!
ReplyDeleteI bet it felt great to clear out that cabinet!
Your meal looks delicious!
Thank you so much for sharing, and I hope you have a great rest of the weekend and wonderful week ahead!
Thanks Linda. I love the feeling I get after the organizing - just getting to do the organizing that's the challenge. I hope you have a great Sunday!
DeleteSounds like a really good week with lots to be thankful for. I like your positive outlook on life!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sharon, I do try....
DeleteYou look - and sound - happier and more fulfilled than you have been in some time my friend. I'm happy for you. How blessed you are to have a partner like Al to lean upon in these days and make your load a bit lighter and the things you love more accessible. And blessed also with the rest of your family and wonderful friends and community.
ReplyDeleteRobin, I am. It has something to do with my letting go of things I thought I had to keep. Not just keep, but hold on so tightly that I was squeezing the life out of it. It's my post for tomorrow - Motivational Monday. Stay tuned...
DeleteThere's no better feeling than knowing that you have been part of something bigger than yourself. You have no doubt helped countless young folks. What a blessing.
ReplyDeleteThose marshmallow constellations are fabulous! Reminds me of our homeschooling days. Good times.
Daisy, you are right! It all has been a blessing. We also made - well, actually, Lauren made rice crispy treats with unused marshmallows.
DeleteHappy Birthday to Ringle. What a fun way to learn about our constellations. Wish I knew this when my kids and grans were little. Janice
ReplyDeleteMy daughter had the lesson plan, we just supplied the fun. Thanks.
Delete