Etsy

Friday, September 4, 2026

Farmhouse Friday - Week 35 - To Everything There is a Season

 What a week!  Honestly....from misplaced items, shipped wrong items, replacement parts wrong size, acid for cleaning, stinky chemicals, humid, downpours, to...3 deaths.  Someone I graduated with, someone who I just did an estate sale with and my cousin.  That is life...unpredictable.  All 3 men where upstanding, independent, self-made - you know the kind.  There aren't too many left and now there are 3 less.  Examples of (too many things) to their families and community.  They will be missed!  

Here is where the outhouse was.  Trying to plant some grass before the snow. 

Our friend's have a farm stand, we bought these cabbages from them.  Al made saurkraut.  (it's making still).




My flowers are still going strong.  




More tomatoes.  I said "too many plants."  (wink, wink)  That is like 50 or so icecream pails full now.  Tomatoes for miles.  



Squash are getting ready.

Chickens love the "bad" tomatoes


To everything there is a season.  Plant to harvest, cradle to grave.  This week really had my thinking that I need to take each day at a time and enjoy who I'm with and what I'm doing.  You just never know.  

Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.  

10 comments:

  1. i like the little farm stand. many of my neighbors have them. i feel good when i support them. you sure do have a lot of tomatoes. my garden was really a bust this year, except for the wildflowers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just planted tomato, squash, peppers that did really good. Cucumbers were a bust for as many plants that we had. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  2. Blessings back to you and may you have very many, many days of time to be with your loved ones, and time to enjoy doing what makes you so happy. Love your beautiful flowers and your garden is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for such a wonderful blessing. Yes, I will take that! I hope the same for you as well.

      Delete
  3. I am so very sorry to read of your trio of losses my friend. It is said that death, as other tragedies, come in threes and that seems to be true more often than not. And yes, to everything there is a season. Your harvests and flowers, do however, continue to grow and thrive. When I left for the lake, the forecast was for rain (at least 60% or more each day) for the entire upcoming week. It rained a bit the morning I left and that has been it...both here and there. So, my flowers/plants are most undoubtedly dead by now as I could not find anyone to water for me. It makes me sad because, while I was very weary of the watering task, the plants seemed to have just reached their peak. :-( But be guaranteed that there will, indeed, be rain on Tuesday as that is when the painters were to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Robin, that sounds like what Al says, "you can bet it will rain as soon as I get everything out to cut hay." They do say that things comes in threes. I know they say we are 2 weeks ahead with the fall color due to the dry summer. I think we are 2 weeks later with the peak of our growing season. I'll take the cooler weather tho. Have a good week.

      Delete
  4. I’m sorry for your losses. Grateful that those men served as an example to others. I recently learned an affirmation that I start my day with.
    G-I am Grateful for this new day.
    L-I Let go of yesterday.
    C-I am Calm and in control of my mind.
    R-I Respond with kindness.
    E-Everything is temporary, so I will enjoy this moment.

    Blessings…daisy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry for your losses.
    Love the wildflower field. I'd love to have one. I imagine it brings you a lot of peace and joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! It has been my peace this summer for sure!

      Delete